Friday Fun - Random Packaging Facts
It's the end of a long week, so we will finish it off with a simple list of some things you might not have known about Liquid Packaging Solutions and the equipment manufactured in our La Porte, Indiana plant! To rhyme or reason since it is Friday, just some random facts. We will bring the rhyme and reason back on Monday!
1. The home of Liquid Packaging Solutions, Inc. - La Porte, Indiana - is located between Chicago, Illinois and the home of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, South Bend, Indiana.
2. Liquid Packaging Solutions manufactures turntables, conveyors, filling machines, capping machines, bottle rinsers, nitrogen purge equipment and lots of other packaging equipment right in La Porte.
3. Since it is the weekend, we should probably mention that one of the biggest industries served by LPS equipment in 2014 was the distilled spirits industry AND that we appreciate it when our customers send us samples of their products!
4. Liquid Packaging Solutions has equipment in service in almost all 50 states, across the provinces of Canada, in Central and South America and even in some locations overseas!
5. Filling machines were the most popular piece of equipment manufactured by Liquid Packaging Solutions in 2014, including tabletop, semi-automatic and automatic liquid fillers, with the overflow filler the most popular of the different filling principles.
6. Liquid Filling machines from LPS handle a wide range of different products and are normally manufactured using a stainless steel frame, but when corrosive products are being bottled, HDPE frames and components will be used to reduce wear and tear on the equipment.
7. Spindle cappers and chuck capping machines are always in production at LPS. The popularity of these bottle cappers stems from the fact that they are used for screw on type closures, which across all industries are probably the most popular cap.
8. LPS also manufactures capping equipment for corks, T-corks, snap on caps and custom closures.
9. LPS hits the road at least a couple times a year to show off equipment at various trade shows, the next one is coming up March 31st and April 1st in Louisville at the American Distilling Institute 2015 Craft Spirits Conference & Vendor Expo. If you are in the area, stop by and see us in Booth 514!
There are 10 random facts about LPS. If you want to know more about Liquid Packaging Solutions or any of the equipment manufactured by LPS, feel free to give us a call! Happy Friday to everyone, and have a great weekend!